BROTHERHOOD in the NAME of ALL-MERCIFUL SAVIOUR
Newsletter n.25.October, 1995.
Brotherhood in the name of All-Merciful Saviour was founded in 1990 by
the communities of three Moscow parishes:
St.Nickola-in-Kuznetsy, St.Mitrophany of Voronezh and St.Dimitry the
Prince. It was approved by the Ministry of Justice in October 1990. The
labour of the Brotherhood was blessed by Holy Patriarch Alexey II.
At the beginning of our activities divine services took place only
in Nickola-in-Kuznetsy church. The other two church buildings were
destroyed: there was a warehouse in St.Mitrophany of Voronezh church and
auxiliary hospital premises in St.Dimitry the Prince's church.
The results of our 5-year work are placed in this newsletter.
The Field and the Fruit of the 5-Year Activities.
1990 - 1995.
- There is a number of churches where the priests of the Brotherhood
serve and where lay members of the Brotherhood work:
Nickola-in-Kuznetsy, Trinity, St.Vladimir the Prince (recently built),
St.Mitrophany of Voronezh, church of
Annunciation, of St.blessed martyr Elizabeth (recently built),
St.George-in-Luchnikhy, St.Dimitry the Prince; of St. martyrs Vera,
Nadezhda, Lubov and their mother Sophia (orphanage); of
Iverskaya icon of Mother of God ; of Vladimirskaya icon of Mother of God
in the village of Bogoslovo; of Feodorovskaya icon of Mother of God
near Moscow; of All Russian Saints (field church); memorial Chapel to
grenadiers killed near Plevna.
All the churches have been restored or built or are being restored by
members of the Brotherhood.
- 8 priests and 7 deacons have been ordained out of the members of
the Brotherhood by Holy Patriarch Alexey II.
- The Orthodox Theological St.Tikhon Institute.
- Orthodox Culture Adherent Society.
- Sisterhoods of Mercy.St.Dimitry the Prince's (under the hospital
church after St.Dimitry the Prince),in the name of St. blessed martyr
Elisabeth (under the churches of St.Mitrophany of Voronezh and
- St.Dimitry the Prince's Orthodox Medical College for the sisters of
- Medical educational centre "Life".
- Hospitals in charge of the Brotherhood: Gradskaya n.1, Hospital
n.50, Children“s traumatic hospital n.20, Moscow regional psychiatric
hospital, Children's department of Oncologic Centre, the Home for
disabled psychocronics, Children's department of the Institute of heart
vascular surgery after Bakhulev.
- Children“s Homes in charge: n.12, n.23; boarding schools in charge:
- St.Dimitry the Prince's Orphanage for girls.
- Charitable dinning-rooms.
- Patronage service.
- Charitable chemict's shop.
- Christian Eduication and Charity Fund.
- Publishing House.
- "Pravoslavnoye Slovo" shop( theological literature).
- Two secondary schools: Traditional and Svet.
- Sunday schools in Nickola-in-Kuznetsy, Mitrophany of Voronezh and
St.Dimitry the Prince Churches.
- Choirs: 2 men's ones, 6 children's and 8 mixed.
- Summer children and youth camps in the village of Bogoslovo, near
Kalasin, near Volokholamsk.
- Hikes and piilligrimages.
- Workshops: icon painting, carving, mosaics, sewing, joiner's work.
- Economy: bakery, laundry, car park, vegetable garden in Bogoslovo,
feodorovskoye and near Volokolamsk.
- Informational service.
According to the Brotherhood Charter, spiritual children of the
priests of the Brotherhood who work in any field of the Brotherhood
activities can be members of the Brotherhood. New members who are eager
to work for the benefit of the Russian Orthodox Church and Russia are
Address: 23b Novokuznetskaya st., 113184, Moscow, Russia
Tel: (095)951-97-70, (095)951-61-41; fax: (095)953-56-97